Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sail Away

Hello everyone, I hope your week is going well.

I have a card today using stamps by Impression Obsession.   This sailboat collage stamp has been sitting in a drawer uninked for too long.    I was hoping to enter this design in an upcoming IO challenge but one of the rules is that you must use IO Stamps and Dies.   I've used a non-IO flourish die so unfortunately it doesn't qualify but I think this would work well as a 'man card'.

However I'm joining into the Rhedd and Rosie Challenge- as the theme is "Here comes Summer".  Well summer is certainly here, it's beautiful this morning, the humidity left but I'm sure it will be back soon.   Sailing would be a wonderful activity!


Impression Obsession stamps:   Cover a Card CC014 Fluff, H13022 Sail Collage and B3552 just a note.

I stamped the 'fluff' CAC background with Black Soot Distress Ink over a piece of designer paper that has a slight pattern to it.    It looks like a 'swirl' to me and mimics water.

I stamped and embossed the main image with black twice.   I painted with Tombow markers and cut out the outer frame and decoupaged over the main image.   I embossed the nautical decoration a 3rd time and added to the side.   I added glitter to the ripples in the water.

I used Crealie Die CL CS02 for the black flourish that matches the background swirls.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great summer day!
Shirley

19 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Shirley, what I wouldn't give to be sailing somewhere right now. MIL very ill, so it's hospital visiting most of the time now.

Sue x

Gerrina said...

Lovely summercard! Looks like fun to make it and a great lay out you made! Hope you enjoy the summerdays! Warm hugs, Gerrina

Creations by Shirl said...

Very lovely and great details on your card Shirley.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A great stamp Shirley and a lovely card in total...

kind regards, Alie :-)

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Shirley I'm just glad we are getting some lovely sunshine in the UK right now LOL huggles hun Sue xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow, I love this card, I just came back from the seaside for a short holiday, it's nice to see the sealingboats again on one of your cards , great creation I love it!!

Greetings
Maria

Zoe said...

Oh what a beauty, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Karin said...

its a beauty, I almost feel the sea breeze! Groetjes Karin x

Shona said...

Great card ! Of course, being a Maritimer, I am a bit prejudiced.

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely colors and combinations of elements on your pretty card, Shirley. The frame looks amazing, and I like how the image is indented beneath the pretty textures. Great use of a CAC image, too - Wonderful colors and a beautiful card, Ma'am! hugs, de

Cathy said...

Hi Shirley, fantastic card. I love your colouring and those blue medallions look amazing :) Cathy x

Darnell said...

This is so beautiful, Shirley! It reminds me of the art work you would find on beautiful old books, either the book plate or illustrations! Stunning!

chrissie said...

Wonderful card Shirley and I can feel the cooling breeze just looking at the creation :)

Love Chrissie x

Paula (PEP) said...

It's the terrific background matching with that swirl that really caught my eye & the gorgeous nautical embellishment. It looks super as a man card & I love the font of the sentiment.
Paula (PEP)

Jeannette said...

OOh Wow shirley ,the summercard is fantastic,the ship and the colors are great,wonderful.

Happy weekend, Greetings Jeannette

MaryH said...

I can see on this card that we share similar tastes in IO products. Just love the CAC, and absolutely did invoke the sense of swirling water. Love the stamp also and what a great job you did with the coloration. Your embellies were so beautiful, perfect on this card. TFS

Wendy said...

Hey, I can comment with my Rhedd and Rosie DT hat on today! :) This is a lovely nautical card Shirley, beautiful background as usual, and great colour choices. Good luck in the challenge hunny! xxx

Tina said...

gorgeous , really lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Rherdd and Rosies Hugs Tina (DT) xx

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
This is such a nice card! You are right yes, it would make a great "man card" :) Love the stamp very much and love the colours you used, and the great effects of rippling water you have created! Really nicely done!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)