Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fill my Life with Music

Good Evening Everyone !  I hope you've enjoyed the weekend.   It been HOT here again !  

I was working this weekend with another one of Designs by Ryn new Faerie stamps.  This time I used her beautiful Harp Faerie.   She has the most gorgeous wings with feathers on the ends. 
 



Stamps:   Design by Ryn - CM-M11 Harp Faerie
               Impression Obsession - CC018 Cover a Card - Greenery
               Magenta - CSet 15 "Fill my Life" is from the set

The background is created by stamping the Greenery CAC stamp with Peeled Paint DI over a sheet of Basic Grey light blue & slightly pattern paper from a 6x6 pad.  (sorry don't remember which one) I blended Peacock Feathers DI around the edge.

The angel was embossed with black on water colour paper and coloured using my Tom bow markers with brush & water.  I added glitter to the middle area of the wings and the feathers on her dress.   I cut her out and mounted her with a feather behind to compliment the feathers on her wings & dress.   

The quote is from the Magenta set which was also embossed with black and distressed with Shabby Shutters & Peacock Feathers DI. 





I was also playing with my Pan Pastels (for the first time, shame) and tried creating scenery around the Harp Faerie in the card below.




I can't say that that it turned out quite the way I wanted & I'm not happy with how it photographed, but I thought I would post her to show what I was trying to do !   The grass turned out a bit muddy (maybe shouldn't point this out) from trying to watercolour on top of the Pan Pastels trying to create a shadow under her, not a good idea.    I'll try again sometime soon :)

Design by Ryn Stamp used:
CM-M11 Harp Faerie

That's all for this evening.  Thanks for your visit  & kind comments !

Update Monday Morning :   Do you need a laugh ?  Then please visit Darnell's Blog.  She just cracks me up with her hilarious interpretations of every day things that happen to all of us.  Her cards are beautiful & elegant and she usually has a great story to go along with them.   Today she talks about 'why she wishes she didn't have to blow her nose' - you will laugh at the reason why and will relate to what she is saying, at least I sure did !

Have a great day !
Shirley

16 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh my both cards are just gorgeous... love that angel and her harp.....
TFS - enjoy your lovely evening!
Sweet hugs~
Shirl

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Shirl...thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog! I have also just become a follower of your blog ~ and I love how you like to experiment with colour and just have fun! The fairy looks so different in both these cards...and such a beautiful image :)
Dot x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Waw shirley, two beautifull cards agai, I love these angels andI love your backgrounds really well done!!!

Greetings
Maria

brenda said...

What a delightful fairy image Shirley and to really lovely cards.

I too was playing with pan pastels yesterday, I won some a few weeks ago and not really tried them out but was amazed how beautifully they blend. No doubt there will be more colours I 'need'.

B x

Karin said...

wow both cards are gorgeous, love your use of the feathers! Have a nice week!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great cards Shirley and the real feather is such an eyecatcher!

greetings, Alie :-)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two stunning cards Shirley, and both so very different. I love the colours on the first and the use of feathers. You've done a great job on the second with the Pan Pastels, I love using them they go on so smoothly and you can use an eraser to get rid of colour if it's wrong.

Glad your weather has been great, ours is typical for a bank holiday weekend, iffy!!

Sue x

Sophie said...

Oh, Shirley, deine Fairy-Karten sind wunderschön.
Herrliche Farben und Szenen, ganz fein und zart.

Umarmung xx

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Shirley, love what you did with my Harp Faerie design :)The feather behind her wing is genius. Especially like how to coloured the blue faerie. The quote is perfect as well. Neat landscape with the Pan Pastels. The stamp you chose for grass works well. Many thanks! Beautiful job :)

Ellen Taylor said...

Hi Shirley! Both cards are fabulous! I love the feather behind the first on and the scene you created on the second one. A great way to show the versatility of stamping!
All is well here, just need more hours in the day~Big hugs!

Darnell said...

Once again, your talent is displayed in all its glory as you make two completely different and beautiful cards using the same precious fairy image. Awe-inspiring! Love that feather!!

And wait, what ho, is that MY name?! How really sweet of you to give me air time and glowing remarks!! I'm chuffed as my British friends would say. I send you a big bouquet of huggy thanks!!

Miranda said...

Lovely fairycard Shirley, great with the IO CAC and beautiful with the Pan Pastels! warm greet Mirandax

craftystamper said...

Love the coloring and the glitter.

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow I love this card, what a beautiful harp faerie! She is pretty, very unique, wow really nice! I love how you brought out the best in her, well done! Really nice and eye-catching feathers that you added, nice touch, that looks great! Beautiful colours too (love the glitter on the wings!), and great background! Your second card is really fun as well, I love it too! Great earthy tones and love the grass! It is neat how you have two very different cards with one stamp - very fun!
Thanks for sharing!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

cparsons said...

Oooohh I love this faerie too!!
I'd like to invite you to visit our new Color Challenge Blog. http://colormebeautifulchallenge.blogspot.com/ My friend, and I have been working on this new blog for over a month. Please come meet our new design Team on Friday August 31 and check out our new color challenge blog! We will throw out our very first color challenge this Saturday, September 1st!!
I'd love to have you come play along with us!

G Peplow said...

Fabulous cards Shirley, such a pretty fairy and gorgeous colours, I love the colour combination on her feathered dress in the top card:0)
Darnell is hilarious and thanks for the link, I think we've all been there LOL Have a great week!!! Gay xxx