Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Faerie Poppet 2

Hello Crafters !   I hope your week is going well.  I'm back with a card that I created for one of our Granddaughter's birthday.

I used another fairy from my Faerie Poppet - Fairy 2 set by Creative Expressions &  I managed to use Designer Papers from my stash.  Because I like creating backgrounds with inks & stamps, most of the time my designer papers are sitting here just 'looking pretty'.    But I also love beautiful paper  :)



I stamped one of the fairies from the set onto watercolour paper with Black StazOn Ink.  There is a lot of detail on these stamp designs which I coloured using Tom Bow markers direct to the paper and blending with a brush & water.    I added some holograph glitter to highlight a few areas.    I layered the card & added Crealie leaves & flowers as shown in photo. 

The DP is from a Basic Grey 6x6 pad - Sweet Threads.   I also used Crealies CL CS 12 & CL CS 11 Shapes and CL CF 18 Flowers;   Spellbinders Nestabilities S4-347;  Crafts-Too Embossing Folder - Daisy & Swirl.

That's all for now !
Thanks for your visit, it's appreciated.  Have a great day.
Shirley

14 comments:

Gery said...

Hi Shirley,
You created a beatiful fairie poppet world in a card.
I love these stamps and did you already take a good look if the fairies are not hiding themselves in your beautiful garden??
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and it is good to know that you like my beautiful Holland.
Groetjes Gery

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow Shirley this is gorgeous, I'm sure your Grandaughter will love it. She looks as though she could just slip into the flowers and hide away, the colours are lovely.

Sue x

Karin said...

Beautiful card, lovely colors, i'm sure your granddaughter will love it!

G Peplow said...

Another stunner Shirley, love the pretty fairy on this one and I'm sure your grand daughter will too, have a lovely day xxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty card for your GD I'm sure sure is going to love that nanny made this card for her.... Great choice of papers and colours..
Enjoy your Wednesday!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

The fairy looks great,surrounded by flowers and great colors Shirley!

greetings, Alie :-)

maria's knutselplezier said...

Hello Shirley, beautifull birthday card for your grand daughter, I like the colours a lot, it's so pretty with all those beautifull flowers!!!

Greetings
Maria

Eileen said...

Ooo your grand-daughter will just love this ... Beautiful fairy card... always special.
Eileen xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Agin so wonderful Shirley. Beautiful fairy and birthday card for your grand daughter. Marvelous colors and flowers.
Lovely greet and big hug
Marja

craftystamper said...

Everyone needs a fairy card, and you've created a beautiful one. The background is gorgeous and I like your designer paper. Another gorgeous creation.

Ina G said...

Beautiful bright card. So pretty and your granddaughter will love it.

Shannon White said...

So Pretty Shirley! Love the Pretty colors and your Lovely fairy image too! I know your Granddaughter is going to Adore this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
What a very beautiful fairy card! I just love this image, it is so magical and serene. The combination of this image, the pretty colours which makes her stand out so well, and the great Crealie leaves and flowers all around is just gorgeous! Well done, so pretty! Your granddaughter must love it!
Warm greetings from Marlene :)

Ellen Taylor said...

Such a magical card Shirley! Love the framing and your diecut flowers and leaves! The water coloring and touches of glitter....sheer perfection! Have a marvelous day!!