Sunday, December 04, 2011

Christmas Peacock

I hope everyone is enjoying a nice weekend.   We had a wonderful dinner last night at one of our neighbour friends.  We had so many different courses we don't need to eat much today !  Christmas is such a great time.

My friend asked if I could make her a card that featured a Peacock, but it also needed to be for Christmas.  I had just treated myself to a beautiful sheet of stamps from Chocolate Baroque that features Peacocks, feathers & fans so here is what I came up with ! 


The stamp comes from the Chocolate Baroque set Peacock Fan, UA4SP0183.   I stamped the larger peacock from the set, embossed in gold and painted with my Tom Bow markers.    The sentiment which was also stamped and embossed in gold is from a from Tina Wenke that I found at Crop Circles.   I used my Cuttlebug & Spellbinder dies for the sentiment & purple labels and my Cuttlebug snowflake folder for the embossing.   The snowflake designer paper is from a K&Company mini pad that has been hanging out in my stash for a while.  The finishing touches include mauve ribbon, starform border stickers, stickels on the feathers and some little pearls.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day !
Shirley

8 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Shirly this is marvelous. I adore that peacock and love this fantastic colors. Beautiful.
lovely greet
Marja

Anonymous said...

What a proud peacock !! Nice colors, great job :)

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
I love this beautiful Christmas peacock! Absolutely gorgeous! Great colours, the purple and green together, and I love his tail! Great background paper, perfect choice, and love that gold embossing! Really stunning, well done!
Greetings from Marn :)

Shirley said...

Now that is lovely, Shirley! Awesome colors and gorgeous image too~! Love the embossing!

Ellen Taylor said...

What a beautiful peacock Shirley! Love the colors and that fussy cutting sure showcases it beautifully! Your friend is going to love this!!!

Donna Ellis said...

oh my! What an amazing card! You're right - the image is spectacular, and so are your colors! Thanks for stopping by my blog recently so I could find your lovely garden of delights!

Saakje said...

Hi Shirley. This is such an elegant image.
With the colors and the embossing ! the peacock seemes a princess!! Gorgeous!!!! Perfect job. Saakje

Ellen Taylor said...

Still love this embossed peacock Shirley! The colors are candy for the eye! Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!!