Wednesday, November 09, 2011

It's "Snow" Much Fun with Impression Obsession !

Hello !

I'm entering this cute Snowman into this week's IO's challenge.   You can find all the information and DT creations here at  Impression Obsession's Blog.    It's getting close to the cut-off for this challenge.   I  didn't have any IO "Snow People" or any other IO snow things except their large snowflake Cover a Card.

However, while I was at Crop Circles yesterday,  I found this cute snowman by IO hanging out in the store !  Of coarse he came home with me.   He looked familiar and now I know why !  One of the Design Team members has already featured him along with another person entering this challenge !     So this guy is making another appearance !


To create the background I used Impression Obsessions Cover a Card - CC035 Snowflakes.   This is one of their 'negative' backgrounds where the image is actually not inked !    They are so cool !    I stamped using my Mega Block & Versamark and then embossed with white.   I blended a little Aged Mahogany & Tumbled Glass Distress Inks over the embossing.  So the image picked up the red & blue ink.

I stamped the Snowman - Impression Obsession G7640 and embossed with Silver.    I stamped out the hat a 2nd time and also embossed with silver and then embossed again with Kaleidoscope to add extra thickness and sparkle.  I painted his ornament, scarf, carrot nose and a bit of trim on his hat with Tom Bow markers.   I cut out the snowman and the extra hat was popped up.     After the card was put together, I added lots of glitter.. holograph, red & mermaid stickles and then some chunky glitter around the edge of him for a glitter-snow effect !    You can see all the glitter better in the close-up below.

I'm also a little short on IO Christmas sentiments.   The one I have would have worked well, but it would have covered up more of the background and I wanted it to show !   


Thanks for stopping by !
Have a great day !
Shirley

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow, Shirley! What a sparkly pleasure! I love how your background turned out! It is perfect for your really fun and wonderful snowman!! His colors are beautiful!! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too, Shirley!!!

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous card Shirley! Love the background!! It is fabulous! I love a card with dimension and yours rocks!

Anneke van Groen said...

Hi cous...love this cute snowman!!! The card you made is again...AWSOME!!! xxxx Anneke

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Wow this is great. So gorgeous. Love the background Shirley. And the snowman is so fabulous.
Lovely greet
Marja